MindMaze to Co-Host Virtual Symposium on Next Generation Virtual Neurorehabilitation and Neurorestoration Technologies at ASNR on April 6, 2021
LAUSANNE, Switzerland, March 31, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- MindMaze, a global leader in evidence-based neurorehabilitation, neurorestoration and brain health, today announced that it will co-host a symposium on applying novel technologies to practice at the American Society of Neurorehabilitation (ASNR) meeting on April 6, 2021 from 12:00-2:00 pm ET.
MindMaze's Head of Digital Therapeutics, Naveed Ejaz, PhD, will host the symposium titled, "Virtual Rehabilitation, Exergames and Telerehabilitation: Untangling Terminology, Evidence, Efficacy and Application to Practice." He will be joined by multidisciplinary experts including:
- Nick Ward, MD, Professor of Clinical Neurology and Neurorehabilitation at UCL Queen Square Institute of Neurology and a consultant neurologist at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery
- David Putrino, PhD, Director of Rehabilitation Innovation, Mt. Sinai Health System and Assistant Professor of Rehabilitation Medicine, Mt. Sinai Icahn School of Medicine
- Preeti Raghaven, MBBS, Associate Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Vice Chair for Research, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Judith Deutch, PhD, Professor of Physical Therapy, Department of Rehabilitation & Movement Sciences at Rutgers University and an expert on implementing virtual environments and serious games in neurological physical therapy
- Nick Housley, PT, Director of Clinical Research at Georgia Institute of Technology
- Trisha Kesar, Associate Professor, Division of Physical Therapy, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine
- Mindy Levin, PhD, Professor, McGill University's School of Medicine & Health Sciences and President of the International Society for Motor Control
- Sangheetha Madhavan, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Physical Therapy, and Director of the Brain Plasticity Laboratory, University of Illinois at Chicago
The symposium will include discussion of:
- The state of telerehabilitation and exergaming in neurorehabilitation
- The advances and effectiveness of treatment delivery platforms including virtual reality (VR) and exergame technologies
- Real world insights on exergames' impact on stroke recovery and how to integrate telerehabilitation into clinical practice
- Insight into the rationale, design, development, testing and results of novel exergames, serious games and tele-rehabilitation systems
Virtual event details and registration
The symposium will be webcast beginning at 12:00 pm ET Tuesday April 6, 2021 and may be accessed by registering here.
MindMaze is a global leader in brain technology with a mission to accelerate humanity's ability to recover, learn and adapt. With over a decade of work at the intersection of neuroscience, biosensing, and engineering, mixed reality and artificial intelligence, the company is at the forefront of building innovative neurotechnology that will empower the next generation of human-machine interfaces. Its healthcare division is addressing some of the most challenging problems in neurology, including stroke, Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease, by creating THE only universal platform for brain health. MindMaze's pioneering FDA cleared and CE marked digital neurotherapeutics accelerate patients' recovery from various neurological conditions. MindMaze Labs is the company's R&D division tasked with bringing ground-breaking neuroscience to everyday life. Founded in 2012 by Tej Tadi, PhD. MindMaze's Chief Executive Officer, the Company has been valued at over $1 billion and has offices in Lausanne, Baltimore, London, Paris and Mumbai. Learn more at mindmaze.com.
Upcoming Life Sciences Events
- April 2021
- NLSDays + NLS Invest Digital - Nordic Life Science Days
- Greater Copenhagen Microbiome Summit 2021
- 4th Annual Neuroscience Innovation Forum